Now that 2016 is in full swing, it’s time to ask yourself whether or not those New Year’s resolutions you made earlier this month, have stuck.
According to research, 92% of New Year’s resolutions fail. In order to ensure you remain in the other 8%, we’ve compiled some of the best apps to help you achieve your goals all year round!

To get fit:

Couch to 5K

If you’re trying to get into running, Couch to 5K is a great app for beginners trying to get started. The app guides users through a simple and easy to follow regimen, allowing users to log their workouts and track times and pace, all while listening to their own playlists.
If you need a little bit more encouragement, you can also receive audio cues from your virtual trainer.
Cost: $4.49 available on iOS and Android


Strava allows users to track their runs/ bike routes using GPS tracking, enabling them to share their workouts with others.
Not only that, but Stava enables users to compare their effort against past efforts, as well as other athletes who have run or ridden the same track or path.
Cost: Free, available on iOS and Android

To quit smoking:

Smoke Free

Smoke Free is a free app that is perfect for those who are trying to quit smoking.
The app will tell users how long they have been smoke free, how much money they have saved, how many cigarettes they’ve avoided, and how their health has improved.
Users are rewarded with badges based on their progress, and success can be shared online with friends.
Cost: Free, available on iOS and Android

To keep healthy:

My Fitness Pal

It’s been around for a while but there is no doubt that My Fitness Pal is still a great app for those looking to improve their overall health and fitness.
Through logging each meal and workout into your My Fitness Pal account, your dietary habits and calories are counted, ensuring you stick to your goals. You can also create custom workout routines and calculate your nutrient intake, as well as set custom fitness goals.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

To get a better night’s sleep:

Sleep Cycle

If you ever wake up feeling drowsy, Sleep Cycle is the app for you. The sleep cycle alarm clock tracks your sleep pattern and wakes you up during light sleep, allowing you to feel naturally rested.
Sleep cycle also tracks movement during the night, using sound analysis to identify sleep states and patterns.
If you have trouble falling to sleep, you can also play one of the included sounds such as rain and ocean waves to help you get to sleep.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

To save money:


This home-grown app syncs with your household’s bank accounts, credit cards and loans to detect regular bill payments. The app tells you about any fees charged to your account and has a “safe spend” feature which lets you know how much disposable income you have once your bills are covered.
The latest iPhone app includes balance charts so you can see where you’re at in the wealth building journey.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

To reduce stress:

1 Giant Mind

If you’d like to reduce your stress levels and are fairly new to meditation, 1 Giant Mind is the app for you. With simple instructions created to teach you how to meditate, this app has a variable timer, video tutorials and a troubleshooting resource, all covering the basics of meditation within a few short sessions.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

To learn a new language:


DuoLingois a free language app designed to make learning a new language a breeze. With 15 languages to choose from including French, Spanish, German and Italian, DuoLingo’s highly visual lessons make learning a new language fun and exciting.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

To give back to the community:


Finding a way to give back to the community can be harder than it seems, especially if you are trying to decide which organization to donate your time and money to.
GiveGab is an app which connects you to volunteering opportunities near your location. Whether you want to commit to something long-term or would just like to donate your weekend for a particular event, GiveGab sorts the volunteering opportunities by categories and opportunities that are near you.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

To improve your memory:


Luminosity is a brain training app which tests your speed, train of thought and memory. Created by scientists, this series of mini games is designed to test cognitive function with daily workouts which are tracked and compared against the user’s previous scores.
Cost: Free, iOS and Android

Hayden McMaster